Data Deities is a segment on GirlvsData where I take a moment to have a bit of a ramble about people I find inspiring in the Data Science industry.
Nadieh started out her academic career as an Astronomer, then moved on to Deloitte as an analytics consultant, before landing at Adyen as a full time data visualisation designer. After a year at Adyen, Nadieh broke out into freelancing as a data visualization designer, and now you can find her completing her freelance projects and delivering talks with titles like ‘Storytelling with Data’ and ‘Hacking the Visual Norm’ all over the world!
Why I find her inspiring:
- Every time Nadieh creates a visualization she puts her own creative flair onto it; she makes it her own. She doesn’t let the tools shape her work, she shapes the tools to work for her.
- She’s really built a name for herself in the industry, she came from working as a consultant at Deloitte to a full time data visualization designer at Adyen, and is now working completely freelance, working with her own amazing data visualizations and delivering talks all around the world.
- She’s completely relatable because, just like me, she’s a massive nerd – she has visualizations on Lord of the Rings, Dragonball Z and Fantasy Books.
- When she moved to Adyen from working at Deloitte – Nadieh was offered the position of a Data Analyst at Adyen, but she turned it down and asked if they had any room for a full time Data Visualisation Designer and she got the job! She’s not afraid to take risks to further her career and work with what she is passionate about.
- Super Data Science Podcast – Episode 081 (24/08/2017)
- Visual Cinnamon ‘About Me’ (Viewed 16/10/2017)
- ‘Nadieh Bremer: SVGs beyond mere shapes‘ talk at CSSCon Melbourne 2016